Eastern Mediterranean University SDGs Club (DAÜ Sürdürülebilir Kalkınma Amaçları Kulübü) is established in March 2022 in order to contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The aims and objectives of the SDGs Club include:
- Raising awareness to both students and staff of the university about the SDGs and their respective targets.
- Organizing events and programs to promote the global goals and enhance better ways of having a sustainable life.
- Setting out a roadmap to contribute to all the 17 goals in several different ways at the university level.
- In collaboration with the faculty and the university authorities, train students on the importance of every Sustainable Development Goal and suggest some ways to promote them in the university through a variety of events such as seminars, workshops, on-site activities, films, and video presentations.
- To increase and strengthen the level of interaction and social coexistence between students.
- To strengthen and increase relationships between students of different backgrounds, genders, cultures, and ethnicities.
- To inform the students and the audience on ways to establish partnership and collaborative planning in achieving the SDGs.
- To be an example to the rest of the institutions to emulate such a tradition of involving the students and staff in promoting the SDGs and practicing it.
Prof.Dr. Şebnem Hoşkara, Director of Urban Research and Development Center (URDC) and a faculty at the Department of Architecture acts as the advisor of the Club.